Mar 16, 2011

My own blueberry pie

Ever since I watched My Blueberry Nights, by Wong Kar Wai, I developed an obsession for blueberry pies, and wherever I go I try to find a good piece of it. Today I decided to take my usual article reviewing and Internet shenanigans to a hipster-like coffee place in Adams Morgan (the hipster-like neighbourhood where I live). After ordering my regular mocha (I forgot to order it decaf, so I may have a caffeine breakdown later in the afternoon), the waiter (with his cool-bohemian-I don't give a shit-look) brought me a menu with all kind of yummy options. And there it was, their specialty, blueberry pie. So I couldn't do anything but ordering it. And when it arrived, I looked on my ipod for "the greatest", by Cat Power, main track of the above mentioned movie, and played it while enjoying every bite of the pie. I know, I'm a big pretender, but hey, what can I do, I like to live my life as if it was a movie, and trust me, it's so much fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment